Sunday 14 October 2007

Traffic lights

This might just sound really stupid and I know it is, still I think I should talk about it. They’re one of those stupid traffic laws that everybody hates. Not like those BUS lanes, one of the best inventions ever, they weren’t made for buses, they were made for people like me. Because no one uses them, leaving it free for me! It’s great! Back to the subject, they say traffic lights were invented to help traffic circulate better, but that’s not true, they were made to annoy us. They always switch to red when we are closing in on them, except sometimes when they have to turn red for another guy and I am lucky enough to see the green! You might talk about a thing called pedestrians or something, those guys that walk right in front of us when we are on a hurry, what’s up with those guys, can’t they just buy a car!? I might seem selfish and egocentric, (and this only shows how transparent I am, which is a good thing, right? No? I guess it is…) but roads were made for cars, not people, or pedestrians or whatever you want to call it

And basically, as always those lighty things have a bright side! As I said we are always in a hurry, and do we really get a chance to look at our surroundings? We do live in a beautiful world, and so, next time you stop at a traffic light; look around, you have time to take notice of the little things, and as they say, it’s the little things that matter!

And the Oscar for today’s message goes to...stopping at traffic lights!

No comments: