Sunday 15 July 2007

Workaholics

Those annoying guys that are always working, not because they are more competent then us, no, is just that they are too slow. People only become workaholics because they are incompetent, they actually need fifty percent more time then us to get their job done. Worst of all, their bosses think they are the best in the world because they work in the evening, even though they do nothing during the day! As for a freelancer, that is a different story, those are just greedy! But as all of them make everyone feel incompetent - and as you might have already have figured - there is a good side of it, not for them, but for the others.
And if you include yourself in the workaholics, you might as well be very well screwed. Now I am going to enlighten those who only work the time they’re supposed to! Yes, you can actually screw up and get out of it easily! Blame the workaholic, it is easy, just tell your boss that he did it, it’s normal, he’s been working too much. Besides, if they allegedly do work more, the probability of making mistakes his higher. Moreover, they are too sleepy to be pissed at you and wont even notice you blame it on them. It might not be fair, but as a friend of mine used to say, work is a jungle and you either eat or get eaten.
And of course today’s message is... Let the others work!

2 comments:

Vera said...

Once more, I loved this text. Simply amazing!!!
If we look for a ‘workaholic’ definition, we find that a workaholic is a person who is addicted to work, a person characterized by neglecting the family and other social relationships… can you imagine living like this? I just can’t!!! I don’t have a 9-5 job, and I work until late at night but I’m a teacher and some things have to be done before the class! In spite of having lots of work to do, I never forget my friends and my family and I spend as much time as I can with them! Sometimes is very hard to do it because I really tired but… I try!!! I think I feel tired because workaholic people aren’t just working enough :p
Well, and trying to reach your point, some persons can work obsessively, but in certain cases I think this is an extra excuse not to work during the nine-to-five period, when a normal person is working… only earn extra money!!! On other hand, I agree with you when you say that some people need 50-60 or 70% more time than us to do the same task (even Gervásio, the monkey, is faster lolol), because they are slower and incompetent. They are so fucking incompetent that bosses tend to consider them as the best and in some situations, the are promoted!!!
As I experienced during my school practice, well, my practice mates need more time than I do to prepare an easy lesson, they started before me and they ended the night before the class, and the classes were usually bad prepared.
I don’t want even imagine if they had a normal practice… probably, they wouldn’t have taught more that 3 or 4 lessons :s. I’m used to work under pressure and I do everything as fast as I can… and till now it worked!!!
Your friend is right when she says that work is a jungle and you either eat or get eaten.
That’s all for now!!!
I hope to hear from you soon, with another wonderful text!!!
****

RockPoet said...

Great blog, great text. It´s notorious that you are from the cradle of the nation, Guimarães. Keep cheering us up with your writings. STAY HARD, ROCK ON!!!