Thursday 6 September 2007

Umbrella (or umbarella-eh-eh)

It’s something completely useless! It’s supposed to protect you from the rain, but it doesn’t! Whenever you take it with you, the day suddenly becomes sunny. Whenever your forget it at home, it starts raining cats and dogs, sometimes literally! Besides, on the few times you actually get it right and take it with you in the rain, the rain is too heavy and the wind ends up destroying it. It’s one of the worst inventions on earth!

The sick part isn’t this. The worst of all is that this useless object served theme for one of the worst songs ever made. I heard recently that the author of the song actually intended it to be sung by Britney Spears who actually refused it, leaving the author no choice but to offer it to Rihanna. Between these two, I don’t who would have been worse, but Rihanna’s version is really obnoxious. The sad thing is that this little girl from Barbados doesn’t even know how to say it right; she says something like 'umbarella'.

It’s really hard to find a good side of this worthless object (and now I’m not talking about Rihanna’s CD, it’s really the umbrella), but I did, as always. Have you ever seen an old lady fight back on a burglar? In films, old ladies always carry an umbrella for protection, even in the summer; they are the elders’ AK-47. So, try not losing your umbrellas, because they never show up and they might be useful in the future. People always lose umbrellas but never find them, I’ve been wondering who’s been stealing mines! So and the message for today is... Stock up umbrellas for your life in retirement!

1 comment:

Vera said...

LOLOLOLOL Good point! let me tell you that I have a collection of UMBARELLAS and I never use them!!! perhaps I have it,because I'm thinking of my future when I have (as you wonderfully said) to fight against all kind of thieves! I always have one in my car but I don't know why!!!
once more nice text! hope to hear from you soon!!!
****